Lasting Impact Within the Community
At the Key Biscayne Community Foundation, we strive for our grants to create real and lasting impact within the local and greater community. By creating an impact everyone can feel, KBCF is dedicated to making and facilitating change in Miami-Dade County, elsewhere in the U.S., and around the world. Through our discretionary grants, as well as the donor recommended grants, we have provided grants for everything from art programs for children hospitalized with cancer to healthy aging opportunities for seniors, and from disaster relief for Haiti post-earthquake to the Key Biscayne Citizen Scientist Program. The goal of the Key Biscayne Community Foundation is to use evidence-based programming to extend the reach of residents on the Key to the greater community, creating a lasting impact on families in need, and the environment.
KBCF Impact Goals Include:
- Create change in the way community problems are addressed and solutions are implemented.
- Respond to emerging or changing needs through the provision of services or programs.
- Strengthen the capabilities of nonprofit agencies both in the delivery of programs and in organizational management, so that the unmet needs of our communities can be filled.
Key Biscayne Community Foundation Grant Recipients
The Key Biscayne Community Foundation enhances our community by working with individuals, businesses and organizations to establish charitable funds. Grants from these funds support charitable groups and programs working to improve the quality of life in the local and greater communities.
- ACLU of Florida
- AileyCamp Miami
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Lung Association
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts
- Ausbon Sargent Land Preservation Trust
- Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- Biscayne Bay Waterkeepers
- Biscayne Nature Center
- Boston College
- Breakthrough Miami
- Carrfour Supportive Housing
- Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart
- Council on Aging
- City Theatre
- Doctors Without Borders USA
- Enfamilia, Inc.
- Fairchild Tropical Gardens
- Finca International
- Florida Art Therapy Association
- Forest Society
- Foundation for New Education Initiatives
- Friends of WLRN, Inc.
- Friends of New Life Family Shelter
- Fundación Manos del Sur
- Gilda’s Club South Florida
- Gulliver Schools
- Harvard University
- Holmes Elementary
- Kearsarge Area Council
- Key Biscayne Community Church
- Key Biscayne K-8 PTA
- Key Biscayne Historical Society
- La Salle High School
- League of NH Craftsman
- Lake Sunapee Region VNA & Hospice
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Linda Ray Intervention Center
- Lotus House
- MAST ABC
- Making Memories for AlZ
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Miami Bach Society
- Miami City Ballet
- Miami Choral Academy
- Miami Lighthouse for the Blind
- Miami Rescue Mission
- Michael’s Magic Camp
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Museum of Science
- National MS Society
- Neat Stuff, Inc.
- New London Barn Playhouse
- New World School of the Arts
- North County K-8 Center
- Pan Massachusetts Challenge Trust
- Philips Exeter Academy
- President & Fellows of Harvard College
- Rotary Club Foundation of Key Biscayne
- Smile Train
- South Florida After-School All-Stars
- Society for the Protection of the New Hampshire Forests
- Start Off Smart, Inc.
- St. Agnes Catholic Church
- Taylor’s Closet
- Teatro Avante
- Touching Miami with Love
- United Way of Miami
- University of Miami
- Voices United
Current KBCF Grants
KBCF Grant Opportunities
Current grant opportunities are listed below. Please note that available grants, applications, and deadlines change throughout the year. We encourage you to revisit our site frequently for active opportunities. During periods where no grants are posted, we encourage you to return periodically for new announcements.
With our numerous philanthropic partners, KBCF supports nonprofit organizations and public institutions in fields such as the environment, science & technology, the arts, civic engagement, education, health & human services, and other areas of need as diverse as our region itself.
For each year, the open & close deadlines for the grant cycle are as follows:
- Grant Cycle Opens: March 1
- Grant Cycle Closes: April 30
Available Grants from KBCF
Our donor established funds at KBCF utilize our charitable giving expertise and community knowledge, and subsequently make meaningful grants to valuable nonprofit organizations. This is accomplished through the grant recommendation process.
Click on one of the Available Grants below to be directed to the Grant Application PDF, or scroll down further to find the Grant Contact Form.
KBCF Grant Contact Form
Fill out the form below to begin speaking with one of our professional advisors and team members. Unsolicited grant requests are not considered. To review available opportunities, please check our website. For additional questions, please contact the Community Grants Administrator, at email@example.com or 305-361-2770.